Friday, February 3, 2012

Sketchbook Project 2012 Submitted

Well, I have submitted my sketchbook for this year's Sketchbook Project---just sent it in the mail last week. With the theme of "This is a Sketch Book", I used all of my past sketchbooks as subject matter, drawing from them imagery of all types: still life, figures, abstracts, perspective studies---even a magic poster idea I had back in my college days at NC State.

These small sketches were done in a flurry of activity beginning just a week or so before the postmark deadline for the project. This has been much fun, and I'm hoping it will revitalize my creative efforts for this year.



As a sample, here are the first six pages of my sketchbook:


A magic poster design from my college days at NCSU.


Study of facial features.


More studies.


Perspective and geometric studies.


Magician performing the "Linking Rings".


Mistletoe peering out at the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment